Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:57:03 +0000
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Peter Herwitz writes:

>I'm curious how others feel about these to me sublime works and
>Milhaud in general.

I have two of the Milhaud/Valois discs and consider them excellent
acquisitions.  I'm quite fond of the Quatuor Parisii, and Milhaud's
string quartets are everything Peter says they are.

I haven't delved much into Milhaud's other compositions; heck, I haven't
listened to either of the Valois discs over the past two years.  I did have
a 100% chamber music focus back then but lost it somewhere along the way;
however, these things are cyclical in nature, and chamber music will likely
come back to me before long.  When it does, Milhaud will be one of the
first in the audio eqipment.

I do wish Valois discs weren't so high-priced; it isn't as if the company
is using top-dollar artists and has to recoup on disc sales.

Don Satz