Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 02:06:43 +0200
From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>

>Mats Norrman asserts:
>
>>Then opera is about love (is Boris Godunov the only opera without
>>a love szene?)
>
>Boris Godunov has a love scene: Act III, Scene 2.

The original version of that opera has no one.  The szene you refer to is
the improved version, and in itself the reason to that a new version was
made.

Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Mats, what is "Genus-Historicism"?

Originally World History from perspective of Females.  Nowadays from
perspective of Female AND male.  Several universities offer such courses
nowadays as complement to history studies, or included in them.

>I'd go for anything based on Greek Mythic Tragedy - "Oedipus
>Rex" by Stravinsky

I think it too modern.  And too itchy.  Maurice Ravel's "Pavane" is much
better.  So sad and true.  The rest is silence.

Mats Norrman