HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:34:08 -0500
Dear David and Friends,
     When I received your E-mail about the Roberts book, I was very
interested. On 12-09-02, I sent Oxbow/David Brown Bk Co. an e-mail and asked
about the size of the book. On 12-11-02, I received a response from a
"Maureen" who indicated that the book measures 18 x 12 x 4. I sent Maureen a
message and said I would call and place an order the next day.
     I called on 12-12-02, and asked for Maureen, the woman who answered the
phone told me Maureen had not yet arrived and that she could take my order. I
placed an order for several books, including the Roberts book, and the woman
told me the order will be slightly delayed but that I would have the books by
Christmas (Connecticut to New York is not that far).
       I waited, and waited.... and waited. On 12-23-02, I sent David Brown
Bk. Co. an e-mail inquiring as to when I might receive the books. I waited...
and waited... On 12-27-02, I sent another e-mail message inquiring as to when
I might receive the books. To date, both of my messages failed to elicit a
response. I gave David Brown etc. my credit card number (I paid by credit
card) and I am wondering it that was a good idea... I thought this was a
reputable company. Are they still in business? Does anyone know anything
about them?
       Thanks.
Russell A. Rudzwick