From:
Gene Halaburt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 10:35:27 -0600
We had the extreme pleasure of attending a concert here in Salt Lake
City last evening that featured the subject group.  The program consisted
of Haydn's Symphony No.  22 ("The Philosopher"), Mozart's Piano Concerto
No.  9 in E-Flat Major, K.  271 ("Jeunehomme"), with Stephen Hough, piano
soloist, Peter Sculthorpe's String Sonata No.  2 and Bartok's Divertimento
for Strings, Sz.  113, BB 118.

I cannot imagine better performances of any of the works.  The Sculthorpe
was new to me, and I look forward to hearing more of his works if they are
at the level of what I heard last evening.  The group is touring the US
and has seven more performances in the States, ending with a performance
at Alice Tully Hall in NYC on April 21.  Their remaining schedule can be
found on their web-site at <http://www.aco.com.au/>.  If it is possible, I
would urge list-members to hear this group.  They are very, very special.

Gene Halaburt