HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 19:19:16 -0700
No offense taken.  You don't go through 73 years of life as a bunny without
a sense of humor.
    Many years ago, the late (and great) ethnologist and Santa Clara Tewa
Edward P. Dozier was at an anthropological meeting of some kind when my name
came up among a small group of people standing (and drinking) in a small
group at an informal reception.  He told me one of the people in the group
didn't seem to know who was being mentioned, and he said, "You know Bunny,
don't you?"
   "Yes, of course!" was the reply.  "I know her very well."
    He said he and the others were too embarrassed for the respondent to say
anything, so they just let it go.
    That's what I do, too.
    Cheers!
       B. \   /