HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
paul courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 01:03:40 +0100
I think Katherine is probably right- such moieties to use an old fahioned
term are not uncommon. We tend to often view the last few centuries in terms
of growing individualism yet family, religous and trade networks and
parterships continued to be of vital importance, for example, in raising
capital. This was one area where outsider groups like non-conformists in
Britain often had an edge.