HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John Giacobbe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:13:09 -0400
FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
Arizona Archaeological Council Fall 2002 Meeting
Pueblo Grande Museum, Phoenix, Arizona
Friday, November 1st and Saturday, November 2nd, 2002

What:   AAC Fall 2002 Conference and 25th Anniversary Celebration
AAC Board and Business Meeting

Where: Pueblo Grande Museum, Phoenix

When: Friday, November 1st and Saturday, November 2nd, 2002
        Friday, 10-12 AM AAC Board and Business Meeting
        Friday, 1-4 PM Conference Sessions
Friday, 4-6 PM Reception
        Saturday, 9-12 AM and 1-4 PM Conference Sessions

The AAC is pleased to announce its Fall 2002 Business Meeting and 25th
Anniversary Conference, to be held at the Pueblo Grande Museum, in Phoenix,
Arizona.

This conference includes a celebration of our 25th Anniversary as a
nonprofit voluntary association existing to promote the goals of
professional archaeology in Arizona. Over the past 25 years, the AAC has
been dedicated to preserving cultural resources through education and
advocacy. We have embraced a diverse membership drawing from
avocationalists, academics, federal, state and tribal agencies, private
businesses and local communities.

At this conference we are focusing both on the current state of Arizona
archaeology, as well as taking a look back at our discipline over the last
quarter-century. This will include a retrospective with presentations by
some of the original founding members of the AAC, who are in a unique
position to comment on our evolution as an organization and a profession.

On Friday afternoon, we are scheduling a series of papers presented by
founding and current members, which will be followed by a reception and
presentation of a Special Recognition Award to Dr. Lex Lindsay.

In addition, we are accepting Poster Presentations, scheduled to be put up
Friday morning for viewing throughout the conference. Posters may be of any
topic germane to Arizona archaeology.

Finally, we invite the submission of additional papers, for presentation on
Saturday, that reflect the "State of the Art of Archaeology." This might
include historical perspectives on the development of Arizona archaeology,
papers concerning current archaeological techniques, or papers presenting
the latest views or theories of our understanding of prehistoric cultural
development.

Please submit your paper title, list of authors, and abstract by October
25th, 2002. You can submit by email or by hard copy but email is preferred.
Please include information on anything you might need for your presentation.
We will have an overhead, slide projector and screen available.

Send your information to:
John Giacobbe

or mail to:
John Giacobbe
Environmental and Archaeological Sciences
Stantec Consulting, Inc.
8211 South 48th Street
Phoenix, Arizona, 85044-5355

More detailed information about this year's meeting will be out shortly, and
will be presented on our webpage, at:

http://www.arizonaarchcouncil.org/

and

http://www.arizonaarchcouncil.org/FallConference2002.html