HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"James L. Murphy" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:52:18 -0400
"MOUNT SAVAGE" immediately comes to mind.  I don't have dates at hand but
at least approximate dates are probably in Gurcke.  Our copy is checked out
and I am not at home. Off hand, I think of Mount Savage bricks being
somewhat more recent but the iron industry there dates to the 1st half of
the 19th C. so the firebrick production could not be far behind.

James L. Murphy
Ohio State University Libraries
1858 Neil Avenue Mall
Columbus OH 43210