From:
Hector Aguilar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 12:02:57 -0700
Hello Everyone, Until this morning I had never heard of this composer, but
the overture to his opera Los Esclavos Felices, or The Happy Slave, caught
my ear as I was driving to work.  It seems that he was/is known as "The
Spanish Mozart," and oddly enough he shares a similar birthdate, having
been born 50 years later to the exact day as Mozart.  Unfortunately he died
before his 20th birthday, which might explain why he doesn't seem to be
well known, though supposedly he was pretty prolific.  My question is, does
anyone have any specific recordings they would recommend of this impressive
composer? Thanks,

hector aguilar