From:
Janos Gereben <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:03:32 -0700
Yes, this was definitely interesting, trying to guess which of the
Cincinnati "Elektra" Maids Ms.  von Stade was thinking about as "one of
those you only hear once a century." Can't blame her for not remembering
which is which among the five numbered floor-scrubbers.

While Flicka was checking the program, there have been enthusiastic
nominations:

 From Joe:  "My nomination is Measha Brueggergosman (#5), who recently won
all top prizes (grand prize and three others) at the Jeunesses Musicales
Vocal Competition in Montreal.  But then this is just a guess, since I am
not familiar with the other maids.  Usually the Fifth Maid is the 'showy'
one, if I am not mistaken."

Maria and Barbara independently seconded that nomination, and there were
those who thought it might be Elizabeth Grohowski (First Maid), Blythe
Gaissert (Second Maid) or Heidi Vanderford (Third Maid).

Meanwhile, Flicka put face and number together, and she said she meant
Angela Brown (#4).  "I hope that you can come across her singing sometime
soon," she wrote.  "Just plain WOW."

Apparently, Brown has been making similar deep impressions since her first
appearance on the scene 10 years ago...  in "1600 Pennsylvania Avenue." See
http://home.bluemarble.net/~jjarriel/brown.html

Janos Gereben/SF