From:
Geoffrey Gaskell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Apr 2002 09:10:34 +1200
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>About Peter Katin's version of Kinderszenen, I unfortunately did not
>express well my thought which was that Katin's reputation is far below most
>of the other artists I've been listening to.  Mr. Katin is an excellent
>pianist, and his Schumann disc on Olympia has full tenure in my collection.
>Competing with the pianists I mentioned earlier is one huge challenge, and
>Katin acquits himself very well.

Indeed, this particular pianist has also recorded an excellent Grieg
Piano Concerto (on Classics for Pleasure - can't say who the orchestra &
conductor is offhand, because I'm not at home and I am using someone else's
computer for this).  He is also regarded as a particularly fine interpreter
of Chopin.  Peter Katin is probably better known in Britain & the Colonies
than anywhere else.

Geoffrey Gaskell