From:
Hector Aguilar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 13:25:36 -0700
Steve Schwartz replied to me:

>I'll say this so Mr. Silverthorne doesn't have to.  He is undoubtedly
>one of the finest violists ever to take up the instrument.  I've reviewed
>at least two of his recordings at www.classical.net.

My response is a little tardy, but I wanted to say thank-you for the
introduction.  The viola contingent of my violin-heavy CD "library" is
limited to a couple of copies of Mozart's Sinfonia Concertante, so out of
curiousity I just ordered Mr. Silverthorne's CD of the Brahms Sonatas on
the Meridian label.  I look forward to hearing it.

hector aguilar