From:
Jeff Dunn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Mar 2002 00:56:54 -0500
I read with great pleasure today that Christopher Rouse won the Grammy
award today in the category of Best New Music Composition with his Guitar
Concerto.  I must confess I heard the premiere in Dallas and was not as
impressed as I've been with other works of his.  But over time, the music
has sneaked up behind me to become one of my favorites--not profound, but
repeatedly engaging.

Pleasure upon repetition is a prime criterion for greatness, a rarity for
most new music--and understandably so.

Congratulations, Mr Rouse!

Jeff Dunn
Alameda, CA