Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:17:40 -0700
From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Jon Gallant ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>iF List-members will promise not to turn me in to the authorities, I
>will whisper to you, in strictest confidence, the names of still other,
>impressive composers from that mysterious place whence comes the Winter
>weather, packaged herrings, one of our Nobel laureates in literature, and
>Captain Kirk.

Funny, when we get the bitter cold it's always headed our way from
Alaska...  and most of us are trying very hard to forget that James
T Kirk was Canadian.

(However, Glenn Gould, Louie Lortie, Marc-Andre Hamelin, Andre LaPlante,
Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, 4/5ths of The Band, Donald Sutherland, et al,
et al)

My favourite homegrown is Vancouver composer Alexina Louie although I
suspect another name to look out for is Cassandra Miller a young Victoria
composer (I think she's still in her very early 20s).

deryk barker
([log in to unmask], http://www.camosun.bc.ca/~dbarker)