Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 2002 18:34:27 -0700
From:
Michael Cooper <[log in to unmask]>
On Kinderszenen:

I do not think I expressed myself very well in my original post, because
I essentially agree with everyone who has disagreed with me.  I like the
piece very much; I did not mean to deride it by calling it simple (as if
someone of lesser status than Schumann could have written it, which I
doubt...  then again writing simple (accessible?) music can be a rather
difficult thing to do!).  When I say that the technical and interpretative
challenges are not great, I mean "for an accomplished pianist".  As a
pianist while I find there are many decisions to make in interpreting
Kinderszenen, I find that the great charm and accessibility of the piece
makes the decisions easier to make than say, in Carnaval or Kreisleriana.

My words do not perfectly express my meaning, but I can labor over them all
day and still I will not be satisfied with them, so these will have to do.

Michael