From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 May 2002 16:26:48 +0000
My discography of the Four Last Songs by Richard Strauss is on
the low side.  I'm familiar with the usual recommendations such as
Schwarzkopf and Norman but could use some input on some other recordings:
Flagstad/Furtwangler on Gebhardt, Steber on VAI, Lear on VAI, Nilsson on
Bluebell, Welitsch on Sony, and Anders (male) on Music & Arts or Dante.

Actually, any advice on recordings will be appreciated.  One last thing -
is Barbara Bonney's version the only one on the market with just piano for
support? Very last thing - Is the Price/Leinsdorf recording still in print?
Thanks much.

Don Satz