From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 2002 22:18:30 +0000
I haven't really been following this string, so I hope I haven't gotten the
gist of it wrong.  I always thought that the reason the words of an opera
are difficult to understand, even in English (for myself), is that the
emphasis is on the music, not on the lyrics; how the music sounds more than
what the lyrics mean.  Of course the lyrics are important, but if you want
to follow what is being sung, you use the libretto.

"Ron Chaplin" <[log in to unmask]>