From:
Joel Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:54:31 -0500
Jane Erb wrote:

>EMI *will* after all be issuing the remaining
>Anievas tapes of the Brahms Handel and Paganini Variations.

This is great news.  The CDs I have made from the 2 copies I have of the
original LP are OK, but the commercial CD will certainly be better.  The
NY Times reviewer said of this recording that he could see no reason for
the Handel Variations to ever be recorded again.  That might be a bit
overstated, but Anievas does a wonderful job.

>There is not enough material remaining to make up a 2-CD for the release

They should add his Schubert Inpromptus to the CD.  I have almost
everything else he recorded on CD, duplicating my original LPs.  Worth the
$$ for Anievas.  Try the Rachmaninoff Concertos and the Chopin Waltzes and
Etudes.  Great!!

PS - Happy birthday to Schubert.

Joel Hill
Tallahassee, FL - USA