From:
Pratik Bhattacharya <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jul 2002 06:32:04 -0700
Hello friends, I recently received a Menuhin CD (EMI, Vivaldi's 5 violin
concertos, 1983).  It has a selection of 4 (non-Four Seasons) concertos
from Op 8, including La Tempesta Di Mare.  After starting to listen to it
with a lot of enthusiasm, I am disappointed to say the least.  Menuhin is
very far away from his best in this CD.

Then I tried an old Classic FM CD I have, containing Andrew Manze's LTDM,
which is very nice.  But this HM CD has The Four Seasons + LTDM only, not
the complete Op 8.  And I already ave a very good version of The Four
Seasons by Tafelmusik.

Which brings me to the question.  Can you suggest a good disk of the
complete Op 8 (or Op 8 minus the Four Seasons)? I am really looking for
very energetic and warm violin playing (I am a fan of Grumiaux).

Thanks for the help.

Pratik Bhattacharya <[log in to unmask]>