Len Fehskens <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 09:09:06 -0500
Bert Bailey writes:

>The chance for one to hear something new by accident is simply cut off,
>aside from the huge implications for CM gaining a broader audience.

Too true.  I can make up for the lack of chance exposure to unfamiliar
repertoire by diligently surfing ARG and Fanfare (which provide a much
larger pool though I have to rely on words rather than the aural experience
to gauge my interest), but the loss of a traditional way to introduce
newcomers to the genre is further aggravated by the demise of music
education in the public school system, especially the venerable "music
appreciation" class.

len.