From:
Peter Wisse <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:56:00 +0100
My point was, that I would welcome any change from the iron repertoire
forced through our throats by concert organisers,

1. Rossini ouverture
2. Beethoven piano (violin) concerto
3. Tschaikovski (or more likely Beethoven or Brahms) symphony.

And yes, I meant all Beethoven concerto's, I cannot stand them (anymore),
and yes, I DO prefer Tschaikovski's 2nd pianoconcerto, or even the 3rd,
above the 1st, be it only for a change.

I have argued in this list some time ago, why I hate Beethoven, and I will
not start this discussion again, so please refrain from trying to bring me
back into the "normal" crowd of music lovers.  I also mentioned, that I do
not take any subsciptions to concert series anymore, just because of this
type of programming,although I very much regret that I have to do so.  If
concert programs looked like this:

1. Walton Ouverture
2. Dohnanyi concerto,
3. Vaughan Williams symphony,

I would rush to the concert hall, without thinking twice.

Peter Wisse