From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jun 2002 16:30:17 -0500
  Hello All,

She only said she  made a split of "bees and CAPPED brood"  If she had said,
"OPEN brood and   covering bees" that would have been a different "horse".

I must be missing something here. Capped brood and bees to cover is all I
ever make a split out of if at all possible. Why would you give a tiny nuc
open brood to keep warm and feed?

 Hobby beekeepers begin to take queen acceptance serious after  the third or
so dead queen at $10 plus a pop. Hmmm.

Beekeeping is not as easy as many would have you believe.  Bees don't read
the same bee books as we do.

The 92 edition of "The Hive and the Honey Bee"  contains 1324 small print
pages on beekeeping with hardly any information on the varroa mite.
For mites you need to read "Mites of the Honey Bee" another fine Dadant
publication which has 18 chapters and 280 pages.

If I could  only keep two of my bee books the above two are the ones I would
choose. I like reading the old masters but as my friend George Imirie posted
a couple years ago the best information on beekeeping has been written in
the last two decades. You can't keep bees like "daddy" did years ago and be
successful today.

Sincerely,
Bob Harrison