From:
James Morton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:36:06 +0000
Bill Truesdell wrote:

>>Our food is heavily contaminated as it is.

>This sounds good but is not backed up by facts. Even Consumer Reports
>finds either no or little contamination of foods by pesticides. Were it
>true, it would be all over the news.

It is interesting to note in the context of this discussion that the
European Union has just suspended the importation of virtually all
animal derived foods (including honey) from China. This is because of
persistent problems with residues of veterinary medicines in such foods.

For more details see:

http://europa.eu.int/rapid/start/cgi/guesten.ksh?p_action.gettxt=gt&doc=IP/02/143|0|RAPID&lg=EN&display=
and http://www.food.gov.uk/news/newsarchive/chinaban

James