From:
Doris Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 08:05:08 -0000
I heard an interview with John Eliot Gardiner on Radio Three a few years
back.  The subject of one voice per line came up and we heard some of his
Vivaldi (if I remember correctly) recordings.  I have a cassette from R3
of "Beatus Vir" sung this way.  It is extremely good.  Having sung in a
day's "sight reading" fund raising, where we did this-anyone could join
who was interested, it was still good to hear the full voiced version (and
wonderful to sing!) We had two good violinists which made a difference.

Doris<><"Sight reading is good for the soul"