From:
John Detwiler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:01:42 EDT
Dr. de Silva: either in your last posting, you were entirely honest (the
less likely option), or you laid on the sarcasm pretty darn thick.  I'll
assume it was the latter, and defend myself...

>And at half time, you don't want to hear CM.

On the contrary, every major school in my city (and the state, I think),
plays some sort of CM (whether it be light CM or not), as I said in my last
letter on the subject.

>What we need is a charitable foundation that establishes free classical
>music programs all over the country (and the world); that way kids can
>have group experiences, too.  To hell with public school music programs;
>let them rot.  If the USTA can teach tennis for practically free in every
>little hamlet, why can't we do the same for CM?

If you are honest, get a grip on yourself, that's not very feasible.  If
you're being sarcastic, well, you totally misunderstood my posting.  First
of all, shouldn't the public music programs have, as part of their goal,
music appreciation? I sure think so.  I never suggested going through some
overblown process that would never work anyway.  I hope something was
cleared up.

~John~