From:
Santu De Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 13:21:17 -0400
Don Satz:

>>Many months back, I took the effort to compare every {Robert} King
>>recording to a comparable period instrument version(where one existed).
>>In every case, what sounded good with another conductor sounded great with
>>King.  What was great with another conductor sounded like "straight from
>>heaven" from King.

Steve Scwartz:

>I'm embarrassed to admit I've never heard *of* him, let alone anything
>he's conducted, and I consider myself a Handel head-banger.

this i sthe King Consort fellow, I believe.  Wasn't he the one who did the
epic recording (Hyperion) of the Royal Fireworks with the half a million
oboes? I've always wanted this recording, and now that I can actually
afford it I don't know where to look...

Dr. S. de Silva <[log in to unmask]>
Lycoming College, Williamsport PA