From:
Wilson Pereira <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Apr 1999 21:06:54 -0300
Steven Schwartz wrote:

>Leppard seems to me a vastly underrated musician in general. His
>harpsichord playing for Barbirolli's recording of Dido and Aeneas ->though
it would probably give those so inclined an opportunity to >sniff - is some
of the most imaginative and delightful outside of >Landowska. He was so good
in Baroque music...

Agreed. For instance, Leppard's recordings of Bach's Brandenburg concertos
(Phillips Solo Series) and Handel's Water Music and Music for the Royal
Fireworks (also on Philips Solo Series) are excellent.

Wilson Pereira.