From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 16:16:45 PST
Ulvi Yurtsever wrote concerning Woody Allen movies:

>And Schubert's G major string quartet in "Crimes and Misdemeanors;"
>his best "serious" movie (and Schubert's best quartet).

Ulvi has excellent taste.  I also consider the G major quartet Schubert's
best.  Woody Allen, or whoever he designates, does a superb job of matching
music to the mood of the movie.  I was most taken with the Schubert being
played in Crimes and Misdemeanors when the hired killer went after his prey
and strangled a young lady who was a major "pain" to the leading husband
who wanted her to keep her mouth shut about their affair and his financial
wrong-doing.  Sorry, but she was practically asking for it.

Also, I think that Crimes and Misdemeanors is Woody's best movie period,
followed closely by Hannah and her Sisters and Husbands and Wives.  Just
put "and" in the title, and I'll love it.

Don Satz