From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:03:06 +1000
It takes weeks for Fanfare to find its way by surface mail from New Jersey
to Australia, and so I'm usually reading the issue most other listers read
long ago, but I suddenly realised the last issue I'd seen was March-April.
I e-mailed them to see that all was well with my subscription.  Within half
an hour, I had a reply from Joel Flegler, the Fanfare editor, to let me
know he'd airmail me a copy of the May-June issue the next day, and this,
moreover, was on a Sunday.

A small event, but I appreciate the gesture very much.  While we so often
get annoyed about some of the people doing the wrong thing by the recording
industry, it's nice occasionally to give one of the good guys a mention.

Richard Pennycuick