From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 01:05:52 +0200
D. Fields wrote:

>I just got this in my mailbox from another list, and forward it to you;
>perhaps others know something about her? Sounds intriguing:

Ginette Neveu was a great violinist, among the truly great ones who died
too early.  Her recorded legacy is not large but includes three versions
of the Brahms concerto, two of the Beethoven concerto, a Sibelius of which
I am not sure whether it is complete or not off the top of my head and
chamber music by Debussy, Chausson, Ravel, Strauss, Suk and some less
important virtuoso pieces which sound divinely in her hands.  This reissue
mentioned below is a surprise for me and is going to cost me more $$ than
I can afford right now.  So off to the store ;)

Philip