From:
Alberto Cobo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 23:42:36 +0100
That is not difficulty, it is appearance.  I could say "The three movements
of Petrouska" but neither.  Certain it is that to play any thing well or
you can or you are not able to so I have listened to play Strawinsky very
well but "Fur Elisa" very bad to the same pianist.

There is who says that one cannot play all well, that each pianist has
her repertoire that he understands.  And it doesn't have anything of
madness because each composer is a world, he needs to enter in his idea,
his cosmos.  The question of the technical difficulty is for fans and
conservatories nothing else.  To my give me same to play any work, the
question is if it is understood or not.

Alberto Cobo
www.superopera.com