From:
John Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 08:37:14 +0000
Many years ago - the early to mid 70's if my memory serves me correct -
I ran a small record label called Gaudeamus Recordings.  I am not very
good at keeping things, and none of the records produced from that venture
survive in my hands, though a friend of mine at the BBC did tell me that
some had become "collector's items".  Wow!  Does anyone know of the
whereabouts of any of the following records or recordings? Bax string
quartets.  (A "highly recommended" review in the Gramophone) Philip Fowke
at the Wigmore Hall (a piano recital) Richard Stoker String Quartets A
concert from Altenberg Abbey.  The Boy singers of Our Lady of Grace with
myself at the organ.  Music from All Saints.  (All Saints pastoral centre.
London Colney) The Boy singers of Our lady of Grace, again with myself
at the organ.  Concerto for Organ and Orchestra by Poulenc, (myself
as soloist) recorded live at the Royal Festival Hall.  With The Royal
College of Music Chamber Orchestra.  Vierne's Second Symphony, Bach
Toccata and Fugue in F and other pieces recorded at Holy Trinity, SLoane
Street, London.  (a Michael Smythe recording - myself as organist.) All
the copies may have disappeared by now, but if anyone did know of any I
should be most grateful.

John Foss.