From:
Margaret Mikulska <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 03:02:41 -0500
Drew Capuder wrote:

>At least in the USA, I believe the Kubelik set on Deutsche Grammophon has
>been deleted from the catalog.

The original set (separate CDs) might be.

>I was going to buy it recently as a present for a friend, but I can't find
>it listed in any of the on-line CD shopping sites

Where did you look?

>(and Berkshire doesn't have it).

BRO hardly ever has items that have just been re-released.

>I believe it is available from the Japanese HMV site, but there is a
>consideration shipping cost to the USA.

It's easily available as an inexpensive box from any European retailer.
I got mine from MDT in December when they had a box sale and the shipping
was by weight.  With their regular shipping, it would be $10 for shipping
alone, which is still better than some European sites.  Check any German
on-line store.

>While others may disagree, I would recommend starting with a box set of
>the complete symphonies, at least if cost is any significant consideration.

I second that, not because of price, but of similarity of approach.

-Margaret Mikulska