From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 07:25:47 -0600
Duane Connerney asks:

>I am interested in exploring the music of Mahler.  I have heard a couple
>of his symphony's and have been very impressed.  Could someone point me in
>the direction of some of the "must have" interpretations of his symphonys.

There are two web sites you ought to check out, both of which survey
many of the Mahler recordings and which are written by list members:
Tony Duggan's at http://www.musicweb.uk.net/Mahler/ and Deryk
Barker's at http://turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca/Mahler.

The surveys, both very well written, give detailed descriptions of the
recordings.  Whenever I want to know something about Mahler recordings,
I go to these sites first.

Steve Schwartz