From:
"Julien St. Pierre" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:36:19 -0400
Hello, I recently signed up to this service after it being recommended
by someone who used it, and I have a few questions that I was wondering
if some experienced listeners could answer.  Judging by the title, you
have probably guessed that I am a new listener to classical music.  I have
been brought up listening to it, but just recently have a really started
listening whole-heartedly, and am starting to really enjoy what I am
listening to.  My question is this - where do I begin? What I really enjoy
is a choral piece with rich accompanying music.  Perhaps something you hear
in a movie.  An example that I can think of off the top of my head is the
music of the final sence in the movie The Boondock Saints, when they are
in the church.  Also, I am not as much of a fan of pieces that portray
"happiness", so to speak, but rather - one that portrays other emotion.
For example, I believe it is called Adagio for Strings, by Samuel Barber,
is one that really appeals to me.  I was wondering if anyone has any ideas
on which vocal and choral peices (but not limited to) I should to look
into, or which composer sounds to fit my taste.

Thank-you,

Julien.