From:
Walter Meyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:15:24 -0400
Finding myself in Washington yesterday and remembering an Internet friend's
reminder that I had enjoyed a Washington Opera performance of Carlisle
Floyd's *Susannah* a few years ago, I dropped by the Kennedy Center and
bought a half-price senior citizens' orchestra ticket for next Thursday's
production of Floyd's *Of Mice and Men*.

It will be conducted by Karen Keltner of the San Diego Opera; George will
be sung by Rod Nelman; Lenny, by Michael Hendrick.

I gave up my premium orchestra seats when I decided not to renew my season
subscription this year to save money.  Getting tickets only for selected
operas, and then at half price, may be a way for me to forego my cake and
eat it anyway.  If things work out, I may attend *Salome* and *Queen of
Spades* later this season.

Walter Meyer