Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2002 09:32:36 -0500
From:
"Richard A. Ujvary" <[log in to unmask]>
You know besides the sounds of silence sometimes there are sounds that
aren't even there!  Holland, the music critic of the Times, alludes in a
piece on musical silence to an example by Rosen in his book "The Romantic
Generation"..."where at the end of Ludwig B's C-minor piano sonata there's
a B-flat-to-A-natural resolution.  By the time the A-natural actually
arrives the resonating B-flat has long since evaporated from the vibrating
piano strings.  But we want to hear it and so our imaginations aided by the
surrounding harmonic events keep it alive.  We in our small way have become
composers too".  For me, this is what makes music such great art where
individuals with genius can express what to others is unfathomable or
inexpressible but yet waiting to be discovered.

Rich