HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:44:25 -0400
Lee,

Perhaps it was buried by a former Nazi sympathizer. I know this sounds far
out, but back in 1975 I helped a friend clean out a 1920s Spanish-style
2-story house on the top of Point Loma (a coastal hill community in San
Diego, California) and we found a Nazi transmitter hidden under the crawl
space and behind a mound of 1945 newspapers. Closer inspection of the attic
area revealed a wire antennae that ran down to the boiler room basement,
about 40-feet from the hidden transmitter. I expect the guy was a mole and he
simply hid the evidence of his nefarious past. Perhaps your copper artifact
is of the same behavior?

Ron May
Legacy 106, Inc.