HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
LOCKHART BILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 10:20:19 -0700
        A similar situation existed in San Elizario, Texas.  There seemed to
be a prehistoric site atop a historic one.  Most of El Paso's Lower
Valley (the location of San Elizario) has been re-elevated at some
point.  In this case, a low spot had been filled ca. late 1880s by
taking dirt from a high spot that happened to contain a prehistoric
site.  Fortunately, the lead researcher was able to document the
relocation of the site.

Bill