HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Stephen Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Sep 2002 05:50:33 -0700
Recommend the Garmin GPSMAP 76S, can get less than 3
meters with WAAS correction.  Can be submerged for a
limited time to a limited depth - forget how long or
what depth (not long or deep - but at least you can
get it very wet without a problem).  Can get about 8
to 13 hours on two AAs depending on usage.  Any GPS
shows UTM or latlong.  Should cost about $350.00 or
less depending on where you buy.  A set of pluses is
that it can hold about 500 waypoints and can accept
about 24MB of uploaded basemaps.  None of this worth
c...p if you don't have something that you can
visualize it through like ArcView or ArcGIS.  Good
luck.