HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Allen Vegotsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 11:25:06 -0400
Cathy,
I think it is possible that "Roman glass" may have been ancient glass in the
bedroom or the deceased may have been told it was Roman glass.  The value of
$1.00 argues against this interpretation, but the glass may have been
damaged and worth very little.  I checked through a few books I have on
glass and I could find no reference to "Roman glass" other than references
to the ancient material.
Allen