HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
John R Hyett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 21:56:36 +1000
This wouldn't be a misinterpretation of "Romer Glass" by any chance would
it? The Corning Museum of glass http://www.cmog.org has a glossary of terms
and lists romer, a german word, as "a drinking vessel with an ovoid mouth, a
cylindrical body, and a conical foot. The body is usually decorated with
prunts." Prunts are "a blob of glass applied to a glass object as
decoration, but also to afford a firm grip in the absence of a handle" Was
there a history of German immigration to the area where the brothel was
located?
John