HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Date:
Mon, 10 Jun 2002 19:59:15 -0700
HISTarchers.....

I'm currently involved in a field project where we are
doing some archaeological investigations at a 19th
century Iron Furnace in western Kentucky. This field
season, we are investigating a foundation labelled on
a map as the company store, and several areas of the
site where Chinese and African-American workers would
have lived.

I was wandering if much has been written about similar
investigations.  I'm just wanting to get my hands on
any literature dealing with similar projects, if it
exists.  I'm especially interested in anything dealing
with excavations of 19th century company stores and
other buildings common on large industrial sites. I'm
not as well read as I should be in the area of
Industrial archaeology, so any suggestions would be
appreciated.

Thanks.
-Grant

Grant Quertermous