HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
"Rex H. McTyeire" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jun 2002 16:47:45 +0300
The Scots?

At the below link (contact me if you can't gain access and want a copy
by attachment: about 63 kb in .txt) is a Highland Survey done about
fifty years ago, on contract from the British Government by Fraser
Darling (internationally known English naturalist) before he emigrated
to the US.  The contract was to support timber industry and resource
problems in the Highlands, but the attitude to the people of the time
and earlier comes through rather clearly, even under the pen of a
sympathetic writer.  The document is still in the UK System, and this
scanned copy (with a dropped word or two) came from the resource
management offices on the Isle of Skye this year.

There is also a 5 page timeline of "Barbarian" Pict, Scot, Irish and
Attacotti resistance to Rome and the musical walls of Hadrian and
Antonine: 55BCE to 431 CE;  available in 1st draft in the archives, (or
on request from me) 52 kbs, not yet in the files section.