HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Babson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 00:42:45 -0500
My grandfather taught me and my cousins how to dig for "squirts" on Annisquam Beach of Cape Ann, Massachusetts, in the early 1960s.  An awful lot of work to get enough "squirts" to make a bushel of steamers, the way he would cook them back at the house.  I presume he learned this from his father, and so on back.  They did taste better than what you could get at the store.

D. Babson