HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
David Moyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:33:02 -0600
Another excellent source on the web for early electrical stuff is Kilokat's
light bulb website. It's got some excellent old trade catalogs from the
1890s-1920s available for download in .pdf format!

http://www.bulbcollector.com/

Look for the trade material under the "paper archives" section of the site.

Hope this helps.

Dave

P.S. Other online trade catalogs and material of use to archaeologists:

Kerosene Lanterns:

http://home.earthlink.net/~pearsond/catalogs.htm

Buttons:

http://www.pearlbutton.org/

Anyone know of any other old trade catalogs on the web?

At 08:30 AM 1/30/02 -0500, you wrote:
>To look at while you search for printed sources, here is a link to a
>collector's site that has many pictures -- I won't vouch for the accuracy
>of the text but the illustrations are good.
>
>http://www.insulators.com/
>

>On a related subject, one of the proposed themes for this year's CNEHA
>meeting is 20th Century Archaeology.  It would be interesting to have
>papers about dating all of these early 20th century electrical etc.
>artifacts.  The meetings are in Wilmington, Del., which is very easy to get
>to from most places.
>
>Meta Janowitz

David Moyer, RPA
Iowa Office of the State Archaeologist