HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
LOCKHART BILL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 14:44:42 -0700
I, for one, would like to encourage Mark to remain on the list.  A
fairly well-know phenomenon, that I call the noisy minority, may be
in play here.  Generally, a small minority makes most of the social
"noise."  In the past, this list has respected the views of people
who do not agree with the "majority" (i.e. the ones who choose to
post a lot).  Popularity is not a requirement for being on the list,
and I prefer that we have a well-rounded discussion group that
includes opinions that do not conform to the "mainstream" views.

Bill