HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 12:57:21 -0800
From:
Peter Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Hi folks-
We found a couple partial medicine bottles in a mostly unfilled privy during
our field school at Keanakolu on the Big Island of Hawaii this summer, and
both appear to be two-piece/key-mold bottles.  At least one is embossed (I
just posted a photo on my web page
http://www.uhh.hawaii.edu/~anthro/mills.htm), and I'm having fun playing the
"Wheel of Fortune" game ("Liniment of Watercress"?; "Take only in case of
extreme duress"?).  About the only word that matches the separate fragment
with "ilade" is "Philadelphia".
I'd appreciate any advice on matching these fragments with a specific
producer. Thanks!

Peter Mills