HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Carl Steen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 14:34:23 -0400
Geoff -- I don't work with Publisher (as I've always been told  it was an even bigger <many expletives deleted> than MS Word), but you can do this with Adobe Indesign no problem. You can get a free 30
day trail version at Adobe.com and with canny upgrading from Adobe pagemaker (old versions can be had for less than $100) you can get the program for less than about $300. You might also try
publishing it in MS Word, then importing the word file into Publisher.... another possibility, copy the table into a drawing program and draw your lines and stuff there, saving in that format.... good luck, Carl
Steen

6/21/2002 1:14:20 PM, geoff carver <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>  Date:   Fri, 21 Jun 2002 13:14:20 -0400
>
>  From:   geoff carver <[log in to unmask]>
>  Subject:trouble with excel-diagrams
>  To:     [log in to unmask]
>

>  i'm having trouble exporting some excel diagrams into publisher (the only
>  desktop program i can afford, and that only because it is "free" here at my
>  university) - the graph parts export OK, but all the lines and other stuff
>  drawn on top of them keep disappearing - has anyone had much experience with
>  drawing stuff on top of excel charts and then exporting them successfully?
>

>  geoff carver - SUNY buffalo

>  http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~gjcarver/

Carl Steen
Archaeologist