From:
Peter Borst <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:41:53 -0500
quote:
I have had opinions given on both sides and I'm just wondering what causes
such varied opinion.

reply:
What causes it is the *fact* that no two hives behave exactly alike any more
than any two people behave exactly alike. What works in beekeeping is *what
usually works* or *what works most of the time* or even *what may work, if
you are lucky*. Anyone who tells you he or she has a sure-fire method is got
a case of inflated self importance.

Be ready to be fooled! The bees will switch the "rules" on you every time!

Queen introduction is an art, not a science. Success depends on weather,
strains of bees, methods. In the middle of a honey flow you might be able to
drop a strange queen right into a hive with no harm. With a very valuable
queen I always introduce her to very young or emerging bees that don't know
any other queen.

pb